Is there parking at the cottage?
Although you can access the house by car in order to load or unload, there is no parking directly outside No.3 Horse Market. However, there is plenty of parking nearby in Kirkby Lonsdale and included with your stay is a parking permit that allows you to park for free in any of the local pay and display car parks just 3-5 minutes from the house. This parking permit also allows you to park in any South Lakes district council pay and display car park anywhere in the local region which is ideal for when you are exploring the area. Additional 1,3 or 7 day permits can also be purchased directly in the car parks.
Can I smoke in the cottage?
No.3 Horse Market is a no smoking property. We kindly request that all guests refrain from smoking anywhere inside the property and that any debris resulting from smoking outside the property is cleared up. Any evidence of smoking inside the property will result in the retention of the two hundred pound damages deposit
How do I make and pay for a booking?
To check availability and book just click the "Book" button above, Our online booking system will show you our available dates and take you through the booking process.
To secure your stay instantly credit or debit cards may be used and payment will be taken via the online system (will also accept cheques or bank transfers, please contact us to arrange). We request 30% the cost of your stay be paid intially and the remaining 70% paid 60 days prior to your arrival. If your booking is within 60 days of your arrival date then the full amount is due.
Is the cottage suitable for children?
Yes, the property is well catered for families with children. There is a travel cot, children's fold-up bed,high chair, some children's toys and DVDs.
Can I take a dog?
We will accept a maximum of 2 well behaved dogs per stay. If you take a dog with you, it is not allowed on beds or furniture. Dogs should not be left unattended in the property, and dogs should be kept on a lead within the boundaries of a property including the garden. Registered guide and support dogs belonging to those with visual and hearing impairments are allowed in the property. Customers with allergies should be aware that we cannot guarantee that a registered guide and/or support dog has not stayed in their chosen property nor can we accept any liability for any suffering which may occur as a result of such animals having been present. If you intent to take a dog (s) you must inform us at the time of booking and in increased deposit may be taken.
What if I have to cancel?
For cancellations made up to 60 days before the date of arrival, 50% of the booking deposit will be returned and an administration fee of twenty five pounds will be charged. For cancellations made up to 30 days before the date of arrival, 25% of the total booking cost will be returned and an administration fee of twenty five pounds will be charged. For cancellations made later or in case of no-show, no refund will be made.
What amenities does the cottage have?
Each Bedroom has a television with integrated DVD player, hair dryer and king size bed fitted with luxury egyptian cotton sheets. (one bed will split into 2 single beds on request). A spare set of bed linen is also provided free of charge. The bathrooms have soap, shampoo and towels for all guests. A spare set of towels for each guest is also provided free of charge. The kitchen is well appointed with double oven, electric hob, food blender, toaster, kettle, water filter and fridge/freezer. The living room also has a television with integrated DVD player. There is also a utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and clothes airer.
Does the cottage have wheel chair access?
Unfortunately due to the age of the property there is no access for wheelchair users.Does the cottage have wheel chair access?
Unfortunately due to the age of the property there is no access for wheelchair users.
What are the booking terms and conditions?